To be considered for this position, please complete the following application: Controls Engineer
Biomeme designs and manufactures precision portable instrumentation and test kits for DNA analysis and microbial detection in the field. We are a small but fast-growing company in this emerging tech space. Our products are being deployed in a variety of field settings throughout the world. However, much of our production today is focused on diagnostics to combat the Sars-Cov-2 pandemic at the point of need.
We’re currently seeking a Controls Engineer to join a growing engineering team. The Controls Engineer will ensure that all controls equipment is designed, built, maintained, updated, working efficiently and programmed to specifications using approved engineering practices and meeting industry standards. They must possess a working knowledge of process development, machine design and control systems.
– Responsible for technical support, designing, programming, and commissioning of PLC hardware and software on all types of equipment and machinery across the manufacturing network. Typically PLCs are Allen Bradley, but purchased equipment encompasses a variety of languages we need to maintain and implement.
– Ability to critically review, troubleshoot and improve equipment’s designs and manage risks.
– Promote adherence to good engineering practices throughout Engineering department.
– Collaborate with Leadership team, as needed to implement company wide improvements and initiatives.
– Maintain and improve electrical manufacturing documentation.
– Create PLC programs for new process equipment, upgrade for existing equipment.
– Create HMI screens for new process equipment and upgrade existing equipment.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES:
– Associates or Bachelor’s Degree in Software Engineering, Electrical or Mechanical Engineering or a related field
– 3+ years experience in Controls Engineering
– Self-starter who is well-organized, detail-oriented, creative and possesses excellent problem-solving skills.
– Strong time management skills; Must be able to handle multiple projects and important issues at one time.
– Proven ability to maintain and manage a dynamically changing schedule and balance overall workloads.
– Proficiency in Microsoft Office
– Experience PLC programming (Required: Allen Bradley).
– Experience in project management
– Electrical panel fabrication experience
– Optional: Machine Design, vision systems, Fanuc robots, and IDEC control systems
Due to ITAR compliance, this position requires candidates to be a U.S. Citizen, Permanent Resident Alien, or Protected Individual per 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3)
Biomeme is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex including sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, protected Veteran Status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.